These waffles are super crisp on the outside and light as a feather inside and so scrumptious! Avoid removing them from the waffle iron too soon; they should be a golden brown. Enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 cups milk
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Separate the eggs.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Mix together the egg yolks, milk and oil and stir slightly.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.